We look forward to having your family participate in the Dublin Preschool Program. Our program is a “co-op” or co-operative preschool which requires parents to volunteer in the classroom. Volunteering is paramount to our success, as it maintains a low ratio of students to instructor. Parent participation also helps manage costs, which, in turn, keeps our fees low.
In order to ensure complete safety in our classrooms, parents who elect to work in the classroom are required to register as City of Dublin volunteers by submitting the appropriate volunteer application, the supplemental questionnaire, and by submitting their fingerprints to Dublin Police Services for a California Department of Justice background check. Background clearance from the Department of Justice must be obtained by the City of Dublin before approval will be given for the parent to participate in the classroom as required. For volunteers who have lived outside of California in the past two years, the City will also conduct a FBI background check.
In order to complete the volunteer registration process you will need to do the following:
- Complete the Volunteer Application, Supplemental Questionnaire and request for Live Scan fingerprinting forms. You will find these three forms under "Student File Documentation" in the preschool tabs.
- Live Scan fingerprinting is done by appointment only. Please call Nancy Melanson, Sheriff’s Technician, at the City of Dublin Police Services (925) 556-4553 to schedule your appointment. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Live Scan fingerprinting hours are Monday and Thursday between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM at the Dublin Civic Center, 100 Civic Plaza, Dublin, 94568
- In order to expedite the process, please complete the required documentation prior to your appointment. This documentation must be submitted at the time of fingerprinting.
- Fingerprinting must be completed at least two weeks prior to the first scheduled shift in the classroom. However, we recommend completing the process as soon as possible.
- If fingerprints are not submitted by this time, a substitute will be scheduled in your place and you will be billed the appropriate daily non-participation fee for missed work. (See Program Fees for fee schedules).
We appreciate your cooperation with these procedures. Please contact the Preschool Director if you have further questions.